Sunday, September 19, 2010

Maybe I'm pushing myself too hard

It's been a hectic week with working, infusions, bible study, spending time with people and attempting to find me time and time to rest. I feel like I have so many different things that I have to get done, but I don't have near enough time in the day nor enough energy to do them all. I feel as if nothing gets all of my full attention or even my full ability because I have to reserve.

I try to make sure work and God stay a top priority but I have noticed that the exercising portion of my health gets put on the complete back burner because I am typically too exhausted to do it by the time I'm done with work. So work gets to wait this week and I'm going back to my reading my Bible in the morning and then going on walks. I need my body to be healthy in order to handle treatments better.

Had a meeting for my fellowship and got to talking to the biologist professor, who specializes in neuroscience, about my treatment. He didn't have great things to say about the avastin I am taking. He asked if I could bring in my scans so he could take a look at them. I plan on getting them when I go in for my next infusion in a little over a week.

My infusion wasn't the most fun thing of the day. They had to poke me 5 times before they got it to work. My infusion was scheduled for 3:00 and they didn't even get me started until around 5:00. The company however was great! Trisha and Ariel came with me. In order to avoid the rush hour traffic we went to dinner at Macaroni grill.

I went to my high school on Wednesday and did the modeling migration activity with the freshman science class. I was so proud of myself and how stern I was with them. Kate, the teacher I work with, told me I was a lot better at taking control and handling the class in order to keep them in line as opposed to letting her take over. I do know that last year I let her be the disciplinary but this year I'm taking charge (at least for when I'm giving lessons)!

Thursday and Friday I worked on my research project and then Friday drove down to spend some time with Laura. Saturday we went to old Colorado City and walked around for a little while but I just wasn't having a good day. We ate at an Ethopian restaurant which the name translated into English meant God with! It was so amazing to learn that, the people that worked there were great and had such beautiful hearts.

Went to church with Laura this morning and then came back home rested and then went to work to try to finish up my data analysis.

I actually used my horn today. I don't use it very often but I used it toward a couple of bikers. They decided they didn't have to abide by the rules of the road. We were at the stop light and they had a red light and I had a green turn light and they went ahead and went on through. So I honked at them cause they made me mad. If you are riding a bike on the roads abide by the same rules cars use! It's the law!

Smile maker for my day: Got a free smoothie because their cash register was broken mmm acai berry!

1 comment:

  1. Bikers are the worst. Biking is really big in Madison and I can't tell you how many times I almost ran over someone because they were being dumb on the road.

    ReplyDelete