Monday, October 17, 2011

September appointment

Infusion
Mom and I spent a long time at the hospital on Tuesday. First off my nurse needed to help another nurse who was having problems with getting a stick on an older gentlemen. Caitlin (my nurse) got me on the first try on old faithful, but we stayed in our little cubicle until my mom started trying to peek over the top. Guess that meant that chat time was over.

After I got my blood drawn, we made our way to infusion got my weight taken and went back to my chair. They know me so well Justin (another nurse) came back with a heated blanket and a pillow and said I'm still looking for the heating pad. They couldn't find it so they got another blanket and wrapped my arms up in it. My infusionista told me they had my avastin already prepared for me! They were on top of things Woo Hoo.... temporarily. Well I have lost a significant amount of weight since they last calculated the dosage for my infusion and my nurse noticed that it was more than 10% too high. Needless to say it took almost two hours to finally have my infusion.

Other than that, things went smoothly. The nurses and the doctors there are great!

2 comments:

  1. My heart goes out to you. I dislike needles big time. Lifting you up, sweet Megan. Praying for you. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete