Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Christmas in June?


I have officially caught up on my daily Bible reading! Woohoo! I stopped doing the devotional (that my sister got for me) along side with it. They asked the same four questions each time. My prayer journal was found while I was still at home. I try to write one page each evening but I’ve been writing all the way to the bottom of the page and even around the edges and the top. The pages aren’t that large so the next journal is going to be bigger.

I have decided to go on an unpaid leave of absence from work. It was a tough decision but I feel it was the right one. I feel that in order to do certain kinds of research you need to be able to be there consistently and sometimes for long hours. I am not to that point yet but I am slowly getting there.

People keep telling me not to push myself but I do know that for myself and for me to gain the ability to work again, I do need to push myself a little each day. Last night I walked for at least 25 minutes last night along with doing exercises earlier in the day. I do sit down a lot in between my daily activities.

Because I am taking this absence I am able to help out more with various activities that I would have felt guilty for if I was working. I am excited to finally be able to help out with VBS at church!!! I am hoping that a couple of my friends are going to be able to come out and visit and I won’t have to worry about the experiments that needed to be done.

I am also super excited that I am going to the Hamm Bash!!! It is going to be crazy! I am 100% sure that there are going to be lots of people I don’t recognize! But I am so excited to go. Mom and I have been working on our homemade crafts. I hope people like them!!!

Saturday mom and I decided to get out of the house and go to Glen Haven and Estes. We were gone a lot longer than we had expected to be. I got to feeling kind of bad while we were in Glen Haven. While we were in Estes we were walking around and we found a free trade store. I loved it!!! I want to find more of them. I’ve heard of them and I am so jealous of my sister who went to one down in the Colorado Springs area and got a purse made out of the inside of a tire. I want one too!

I also have a good portion of my Christmas shopping done. I’m going to be wrapping presents this week or next week to ship home to Missouri. I almost want to keep what I got for most people. But I know that they will all like what I got them. I even got things for my cousins. Every year I say I am going to get them something and then I end up not finding anything that I feel like they would like.  I am finally learning!

For those of you that live in the area, every Friday in June and July at the Centerra shops at Loveland (between The Bent Fork and Build-a-Build) they have a free kids movie starting at 9. Some of my friends and I have gone to a couple of them, Karate Kid and Mega Mind! I really liked Megan Mind, it had lots of scientific comments and of course I was with my roommate Cherelle another chemistry graduate student and our friend Kate who is the teacher I worked with in chemistry and freshman science classes. Needless to say we were laughing when others weren’t.

If you all could, please pray for my friend Lindsey and her family, her mother passed away on Sunday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment