Tuesday, June 14, 2011

I have a hole in my nose from beginning of June

I immediately woke up the other day with a nose bleed. NOT COOL! I called the health center and got an appointment for later that afternoon. Saw the doctor and he referred me to an ear nose and throat doctor. Just happened that the two doctors had the same name. I really confused the receptionist at the doctors office when she asked me who referred me to their office. My ER doctor along with my oncologist had told me they hadn't seen anything during my previous appointments when I told them I had a hole in my nose. Well the ENT doctor stuck cotton pieces up my nose, not comfortable, to clean it out. When he took them out he found that I had a hole in my nose that was 1.5 cm in diameter! That is huge! At least I think it is. The reason the nose clip wasn't working was because the hole was closer to the front of the nose instead of the back of it.

The doctor cauterized it using silver nitrate. Turned the inside of my nose a purple/brownish color which was visible because of my high nostrils. I was miserable! My nose burns my throat burns. I don't like this.  :(

I went to my first cancer support group on Thursday evening. Everyone was so friendly! Most of them were older but my cancer twin was there.

Also did my first relay for life on Saturday. I was very disappointed that they didn't let us go the complete 1/4 mile! I really wanted to do more but knew I shouldn't. I also just wanted to start running I really really miss running. Just being on the track was so invigorating! I felt powerful remembering all the times I would push myself to go further and to never give up. It was a wonderful time to spend with God. I will run again!

No comments:

Post a Comment