Sunday, December 19, 2010

Bills

My insurance is through CSU and I'm pretty sure it is the only insurance that I could have right now that would cover everything. I'm not exactly sure what is going on with it right now but I'm praying everything works out.

Awhile back I got a call from the CSU insurance asking me if I was still interested in having insurance for this fall, turns out that I had forgotten to sign up for any classes and since I had no classes I was not a student and therefore would not qualify for insurance. I immediately went about getting my late registration worked out! I signed up for classes and as far as I know was signed up for having the student insurance.

Soon I received some bills from the hospital saying that my insurance denied my claim and that I would be responsible for the charges. I called the insurance office and they informed me that there was a form that I needed to come in to fill out and sign. It was the same form I had completed a year ago but turns out you have to do it every year. It has been signed! I called the hospital billing and requested they resubmit the claim to the insurance company.

Well I have once again received some very substantial bills and it seems as if my insurance has still not recognized me. This makes me very nervous considering all that has happened this semester with me forgetting to sign up for classes and then the signing of a specific form. I am hoping and praying that everything went through fine.

Please be praying for this situation and that everything can be worked out soon. Once I get through with all the calls I am going to be needing to make I am hoping to know that I have done all of the necessary things to ensure that my insurance has been completely set up this whole semester. If it was not set up properly and/or I did not get everything done in time it might be possible that I will no longer be able to have insurance through CSU that will cover my treatments that I have had done thus far along with anything else in the future.

I know that God has blessed me in so many ways already and one of these has been monitarily. Because CSU did not have adequate pharmaceutical coverage I was able to apply for a perscription drug benefits program and my chemotherapy was given to me free of charge through the drug company. I was also awarded a two year grant from the national science foundation for the research I am doing that has paid for my student fees. I know that God is in control and will provide He has shown me His handiwork in my life on so many ocassions already and that He goes beyond what I can ever imagine He will. I know that no matter what happens that they will not deny me the treatments that I need.

Matthew 6:25-26
Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body what you will wear, is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?

No comments:

Post a Comment