Friday, December 3, 2010

Family and Thanksgiving


I was so excited that my little sister was able to to come up to Colorado for Thanksgiving!!! She got in on Friday night but we didn't get to see each other until Saturday evening. We had both made each other paper chains to count down the number of days until we saw each other. Laura , stephanie and I met up at The Old Spaghetti Factory for dinner. They had a man there that was making balloon sculptures and he made is crazy hats and rings. He was so sweet he made my day and made me a sweet pea balloon to match my personality. We also went to The Cheesecake Factory and shared the red velvet cheesecake mmmmm.
Sunday wasn't good for me :( I woke up with a massive headache and was throwing up which was not fun. I really wanted to be able to take my little sister to visit my family at church with me to see my second family. But alas we spent the day with me laying on the couch and watching movies together.

Monday we went to see Harry Potter and I took her to go see Rhett at Action Potential in Loveland. For anyone that needs any kind of physical therapy you should see him!! He is absolutely amazing!! Go check out his website!

http://www.one80pt.com/

Tuesday we just hung out and did some Christmas shopping and crafts. Wednesday we got to have brunch with Kalla Paige and then went to my infusion. I think it was good for Stephanie to see what all I have to during my appointments and infusion. That night we got to go to church with Laura and the whole church community spoke about some of the things they were thsnkful for. We then got to have LOTS of yummy pie after services were over.

Thursday wasn't so hot. Part of it might have been because I waited so long to eat. We didn't have any food until 3:00 that afternoon. It was great getting to be with two of my sisters and my cousin elliot for Thanksgiving. The most immediate family members I have been with for several years. I am so thankful for the Smiths and how much they have done for us and opened their homes to us so it was kinda sad not being with them this year. But being with my family was great. I however had a bad day and ended up taking three naps that day. I don't like headaches :( The food and company were great though and I am so thankful that they opened up their home and hearts to us.

Laura went out black Friday shopping. I had no real desire to, but I still reaped the benefits. Laura picked up The Blind Side for me for $4!!! She's so sweet! We then went to see the movie Inception, I hadn't heard about it but it was surprisingly good!!! It's one of those movies that constantly keeps your mind engaged. That night we got to eat at Joe's Crab Shack mmmmm nums nums!

Saturday I was feeling really good!! Laura, Stephanie and I went to Goodwill to try on some ridiculous outfits. A good time was had by all! Saturday Stephanie had to go back to Harding. We were sad she had to leave but were all encouraged by the fact that we would see her within another month.









1 comment:

  1. Great hat, measterly!

    I'm glad you got to be with family this thanksgiving. We had a fun time with Jeff's folks down in Florida, and we played Settlers of Catan with Jeff's brother. Thanks so much!

    Take it easy. We love you. :)

    ReplyDelete