Sunday, December 12, 2010

Feeling defeated

I'm feeling slightly defeated right now. My spirit is low. I'm just letting too many small things get to me and I really should not be.

Lost my phone in my car, my car is not dirty but I can't find it anywhere in there and I only made one stop and couldn't find it there.
Being without my phone is hard. Every night while laying in bed I read several applications on my phone, devotionals, verses, and a read plan. It's the way I wind down my day.

Went to the store to pick up a couple of things and was disappointed to find they were all out so I had to settle for something else.

Everywhere I went today seemed to have a long slow line.

I have to be at a meeting at 7:30 in the morning with some people in Slovenia and since I lost my phone I had to run to Wal=Mart to buy an alarm clock to make sure I get up in time. Being up and ready to face my day by 7:30 tomorrow seems dismal since I'm usually not ready to get out of bed until 8:00 most mornings.

I need new glasses, my lenses keep popping out at least a couple times a week but i don't want to purchase new glasses with my steroid cheeks. And my vision just doesn't seem right, I'm not sure if it's a prescription issue or if it is an issue with the brain cancer/

Plus the whole weight gain with the steroid thing does not make me happy,

I also have been using my phone as my calendar so it had all of my appointments in it so now I'm not sure what all is going on this week or what time everything is :( You just have to have a back up of everything! I have my paper daily planner but had not put everything into it. We just need a back up of everything.

To make things worse my skin feels ouchy, I'm not sure what it is but it's very tender to clothes being on it and I have to wear clothes. I'm good about putting lotion on so I don't think it's dry skin. I have however "switched" laundry detergents .... same brand but different scent maybe.

On a brighter note:
I did go on a walk today which felt good
I got to spend some time my friend Emily who moved California
I'm listening to JJ Heller cause I like her peaceful sound and hoping it calms my anxiousness

3 comments:

  1. Vision problems could be relating to the lenses popping out and not being put back in quite right.

    Tighten the screws on your lenses, and then put a drop of clear nail polish over them to keep them from coming loose again.

    It's almost Christmas so all the lines are long and slow. That's why I'm glad my shopping is done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My shopping is done..... just random things that I keep needing to pick up! I'm so ready to be going home for Christmas!!!!!

    ReplyDelete