Tuesday, March 15, 2011

I can’t believe I forgot to put this in


Monday evening the elders met with me and my mom to have a prayer session. I updated all of them on the results of the MRI and what the plan was for treatment. They were so encouraging and I felt the Spirit of God in the room with us.

There have been other times when I have met with the elders and we would pray but this time it was different. The other times I was a lot more emotional, sad and scared for what the future held. This time I was more at peace of course I’m sill emotional and slightly scared but I feel much more at peace. I know that God is holding my future in His hands and He has amazing plans for me!! I know that He is daily working in my life refining me making me into His beautiful creation.

Do I want to have this disease, no. Am I thankful that I have this disease, yes. I know that might be hard for people to comprehend and even hard for them to understand. In my opinion one can not go through something like this and not come out of it changed, changed for the bad or changed for the good. I feel like this experience and struggle has changed me for the better.

1)   My relationship with God has gotten so much stronger. I thought God and I were pretty tight when I was in college, boy was I wrong! I am so thankful that He keeps teaching me and showing me new things through everything I’ve experienced and been through in the last few years.

2)   This has brought my family closer together. We still have our struggles and times when we don’t get along and we still have problems communicating. But we love each other deeply and are working towards learning to understand each other better.

3)   I realize more how important relationships are. I know I have been very bad at calling/texting/emailing back but to my friends I love you all so very much and miss all of the time we used to spend together. But please know that you all are always in my heart and I cherish all of our memories together!

4)   I’m learning more of what is important in my life, I can’t speak for anyone else’s life. I’m figuring out what kind of impression I want to make on people, even if I only have a few seconds with them.

5)   I have realized the hope that people have for themselves and for anyone who is going through these kinds of difficult times. Over the past 3 years of treatment I have not once experienced someone who didn’t have hope, regardless of what their doctor had told them. I have been spiritually encouraged by several of the other patients and caregivers. So many of them believe in a higher power and are not afraid to express it. 

Jer 17:7 "But blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in Him" 

2 comments:

  1. We are always praying for you,loving, and missing you Aionachan! God bless and I'll see you next month! Aloha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my Measterly! I hope you got a cool design on your nails, yesterday, and that you had fun. :) As always, we're thinking of you and praying for you. Stay awesome.

    ReplyDelete