Wednesday, June 9, 2010

O Happy Day!!

First of all I want to say thank you thank you thank you to all of you who stopped by or called and talked to me and encouraged me and prayed for me. It really meant a lot to me!!!! Thank you so much! I love you guys!!!

I got the results of my MRI today and as for the previous cancer, it looks fantastic!!! They even said that it looks even better than before! Things are actually still getting smaller and some aren't even there anymore!

But....

Looks like I have hydrocephalus which is a buildup of fluid in my brain and spinal cord which was causing pressure which has been causing all the problems I have been having. This can in my opinion easily fixed and I even got a quick fix today. They had to do a lumbar puncture and they tested the pressure before and after removing some of the fluid (30 mL worth). The pressure started at 25 and then went down to 9 after the fluid had been removed. However the next thing that needs to be done is to have a shunt that will drain the excess fluid from my brain into my stomach. This is all going to happen soon, Dr. Lillihei called me this evening and was still up for having my surgery on Friday!!! Crzay soon!

Now for more

It was so weird praying to God for something else to be the problem instead of it being cancer I did not want it to be cancer, did not! And it wasn't cancer and what it was seems so much less bad!! After I had the lumbar puncture and they removed the excess fluid I felt so INCREDIBLY better I just wanted to jump for joy... maybe tomorrow... we'll let the numness wear off...

Psalms 28:6-7 Praise be to the Lord, for he has heard my cry for mercy. The Lord is my strength and my shield;my heart trusts in Him and Iam helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to Him in song.

2 comments:

  1. I love my measterly! We'll be praying for your surgery and recovery. I'm so glad it wasn't the cancer that was causing your problems! You are amazing. Don't forget that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Megan - I saw a link to your blog on Autumn's FB. I'm happy to hear that your recent pain can be so "easily" fixed and that it's not cancer! Your surgery actually sounds quite a bit like something my grandpa had done. He'd lost quite a bit of mobility because of excess fluid on his brain. They installed a shunt and now that they've properly tightened the "screw" (as we so lovingly refer to it) in his head, he does so much better!! I hope that you have just as much - and more - success with your procedure!! I look forward to keeping up with your progress.
    Chelsea

    ReplyDelete