Friday, April 29, 2011

Austin visits

I promised an update on Austin visiting so here it is:

My friend Austin from Harding came to visit me! He is the same one who I visited in Hawaii. He got in on Monday and we went up to red rocks and had lunch. We then went to Evergreen and ended up at a place called go paint and we painted ceramic pieces and had them fired. He made/painted a kleenex box for his Father and I made a hot plate for my grandma and a hippo for my soon to be niece. They were great to us staying open for an extra 1.5 hours. We then went over to Wanda and Stacey's house and they had steaks, fries and green beans all ready for us.  Austin felt like he was breaking and entering someones home and stealing their food. We then drove back down to Denver to get to my MRI appointment at 9:15 at night.

Tuesday morning mom, Austin and I went to Vern's for breakfast. I love breakfast! We then went to Horsetooth reservoir and didn't end up staying long because it was so cold and windy. We then went to the spa and got massages. He had just finished his finals and I just needed a massage, and it was awesome! There is a new spa called buzz and blitz, I definitely suggest it, unless you like deep deep tissue massage which I don't but Austin does. Before we went back home we stopped by Men's Warehouse to surprise Lindsey.

Wednesday mom, Austin and I made our way to Denver to meet up with Laura at the Denver Museum of Nature and Science for the pirate exhibition. Something I did not mention is what happened on our way down to Denver/Dr's appointment. We ended up hitting a pothole or a very large chunk of cement. Ended up with one flat tire, one tire that wasn't flat but was bubbled and had to be replaced, new axel, a new rod and new bearings. We went to the doctors and got the great news. We  went to the cheesecake factory for dinner and then went back home.

Thursday we relaxed for the majority of the day. Mom, Austin and I met up with Lindsey to get our nails done. That evening the 4 of us went to the Midtown Arts Center to watch 42nd street, I love musicals! It was a lot of fun. We had wonderful seats too. Lindsey and I ended up purchasing season tickets. The ones we are most excited about hour hair spray and the sound of music!!

Friday Austin had to leave :( but it was so great seeing him!

Later on that afternoon my friend Kalla Paige came to visit and we ate at Cafe Vino and went to see the movie Water for Elephants which I highly recommend. I experienced such a wide array of emotions during that movie. Go check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment