Sunday, April 24, 2011

Wonderful blessings!

I have spectacular news!!! 


I very reluctantly went to get an MRI on Monday night starting at 9 PM! Not excited at all especially since it takes about 2-3 hours and then we (Austin and I... Austin came to visit more about that on another post) it's another hour home. I'm used to going to bed around 10. When we got there I found out they had given me the fast machine which meant half the time!!!! I was ecstatic! My MRI tech was the best one I have had so far. I now want to do all my MRI's in the evening so that I can first of all get the fast machine and second of all have Corey as my tech!


Wednesday I went back to the doctor for a check up along with finding out the results of the MRI There were a lot of people there: Austin, Jana, Laura, Mom, myself (obviously) and the Dr. Dameck (also obviously). It is rather interesting having so many people there. They all have their own questions. I came prepared with a list of the things I was experiencing. After that I did the typical evaluation that she has me do. I always forget about having to say the months of the year backward but I can still do it! My balance was much better this time. Then all we had left to do was find out the results of the MRI! I was certain it had to be at least a decently good report since I haven't been having migraines and I've been able to get out and about but I had no clue how great the report was going to be. 


Dr. Dameck pulled up the scans from February when they found that things were not getting better but actually getting worse and then she brought up the ones from Monday night after. Since the scan in February I have gone through 15 days of radiation (a total of 37 grey for those of you who care/understand, aka Smccauley). I did a round of lomustine and started tarceva daily both of these are chemotherapies along with the avastin because they have to wean me off of it. 


We got to see a side by side comparison and the difference was incredibly drastic! For the first time I was able to say well that is abnormal and that is not etc... My brain looked so pretty I was doing my best to hold back tears! I was so happy and felt so blessed that God is providing His healing! So in the scans white (enhancing) is bad and means "cancerous tissues" grey means "non-cancerous tissue". For the scan on Monday the white that had been in my brain squiggles were gone! There had been a couple of white masses growing in February that have now become dark "ghosts" meaning you can still see their outline but they are not enhancing!!! Dr. Dameck said that things are disappearing in regions that were not radiated! How incredibly awesome is our God!


Psalms 107:1


Trading My Sorrows
Darrell Evans 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXi5iq1zAl4



I'm trading my sorrow
I'm trading my shame
I'm laying it down for the joy of the Lord

I'm trading my sickness
I'm trading my pain
I'm laying it down for the joy of the Lord

Chorus:
And we say yes Lord yes Lord yes yes Lord
Yes Lord yes Lord yes yes Lord
Yes Lord yes Lord yes yes Lord Amen

I'm pressed but not crushed persecuted not abandoned
Struck down but not destroyed
I'm blessed beyond the curse for his promise will endure
And his joy's gonna be my strength
Though the sorrow may last for the night
His joy comes with the morning


Happy celebration of our risen Lord

3 comments: